We envision the University of Maryland as a fully equitable community that empowers innovators and agents of social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people.
The purpose of the LGBT Equity Center is to engage and encourage the campus in building a fully equitable community, and to provide programming that develops and empowers agents of social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people.
Indicators of Our Vision
A Fully Equitable Community
- Campus awareness and competencies around LGBTQ+ inclusion
- Policies, practices, and resources in support of LGBTQ+ people
LGBTQ+ and Allied Populations
- Identity development and sense of belonging
- Wellness and resiliency in support of academic and personal success
- Social justice leadership development
- Personalized and holistic care
- Attention to detail
- Intersectional social justice